TechNet was founded in 1997 by high-tech’s leading CEOs to create a network of the nation’s strongest voices in the industry to unite with both federal and state leaders in helping to shape the public policies that impact the technology industries. TechNet continues to actively promote policies that strengthen the nation’s innovation-driven global competitiveness as well as create private sector initiatives that will ensure U.S. competitiveness and economic leadership.
TechNet’s mission is to serve as the voice and advocate of the innovation economy by uniting CEOs and Senior Executives with leading policy makers in a bipartisan effort to sustain and advance America’s global leadership in technology and innovation. We accomplish this through:
- Aggressive political advocacy for both Democratic and Republican candidates and elected officials;
- Promotion of focused public policies that strengthen the innovation economy;
- Meetings with elected officials, Administration representatives and candidates for elective office;
- Financial support of political candidates; and
- Events and industry-based initiatives that educate thought leaders and the public about technology policy issues.