New England Executive Director Position
Title: New England Executive Director
Location: Boston, MA
TechNet was founded in 1997 by high-tech’s leading CEOs to create a network of the nation’s strongest voices in the industry to unite with both federal and state leaders in helping to shape the public policies that impact the technology industries. TechNet continues to actively promote policies that strengthen the national’s innovation-driven global competitiveness as well as create private sector initiatives that will ensure U.S. competitiveness and economic leadership.
TechNet’s mission is to serve as the voice and advocate of the innovation economy by uniting CEOs and Senior Executives with leading policy makers in a bipartisan effort to sustain and advance America’s global leadership in technology and innovation. We accomplish this through:
- Aggressive political advocacy for both Democratic and Republican candidates and elected officials;
- Promotion of focused public policies that strengthen the innovation economy;
- Meetings with elected officials, Administration representatives and candidates for elective office;
- Financial support of political candidates; and
- Events and industry-based initiatives that educate thought leaders and the public about technology policy issues.
As the TechNet New England Executive Director, you will develop and manage all TechNet operations in New England, to include Massachusetts as well as other New England states.
Issue Advocacy. Advance the policy agendas of TechNet’s member companies by supporting TechNet’s national and state agendas and working with regional members to develop and implement a regional policy and political agenda. Lobby and advocate on behalf of TechNet’s agenda before the Massachusetts and New Hampshire state legislatures. Be prepared to work closely, in a bi-partisan fashion, with Members of Congress, their senior staff, policymakers at all levels of government and member companies.
Government Affairs: Develop & maintain strong relationships with member companies, Members of Congress and congressional staff, regional Governors and Attorneys General, Massachusetts and New Hampshire legislative leaders, the press, government entities, think tanks and trade associations.
Membership development. Grow the membership base in New England through retention and new member acquisition. This includes developing sales & marketing materials, making membership presentations, and guiding the activities of the New England Executive Committee.
Events. Initiate and execute numerous events – from 1:1 meetings to CEO roundtables to political fundraisers to large-scale events – with elected officials, administration officials, policy makers, technology industry leaders, and the press. This includes determining meeting format and flow, scripting, talking points, and logistics.
Policy Analysis. Assist with the development and analysis of policy positions in conjunction with headquarters and TechNet members. Organize and support member working groups to determine policy positions and related advocacy efforts. Develop subject matter expertise in key policy areas as determined by headquarters.
- Experience in policy advocacy at federal and/or state level.
- Strong strategic planning, analytical and communication skills.
- Experience in and an understanding of politics, advocacy and the legislative process, and the ability to quickly get up to speed on numerous policy issues.
- A client services/account executive orientation and an aptitude for building and maintaining relationships with CEOs and C-level executives as well as company government affairs professionals.
- The ability to work effectively in a team, including the ability to drive results across functional areas in the absence of direct reporting relationships. Working closely with headquarters is a critical component of the job.
- A breadth of strategic-to-tactical thinking skills and an ability to develop and execute detailed plans.
- Tremendous initiative and the ability to work effectively with a high degree of autonomy.
- An entrepreneurial orientation and an interest in growing the overall organization.
- Political campaign, lobbying and/or legislative experience required. Technology industry experience, sales and marketing experience recommended. Advanced degree like JD or MBA preferred.
Interested candidates should email their resumes to Trish Albertson at gro.tenhcetnull@nostreblap