Location: Washington, D.C.
TechNet is the national, bipartisan network of technology CEOs and senior executives that promotes the growth of the innovation economy by advocating a targeted policy agenda at the federal and 50-state level. TechNet’s diverse membership includes dynamic American businesses ranging from startups to the most iconic companies on the planet and represents over 4.5 million employees and countless customers in the fields of information technology, e-commerce, the sharing and gig economies, advanced energy, cybersecurity, venture capital, transportation, and finance.
As TechNet’s Federal Policy Manager, you will play a key role in driving TechNet’s federal policy agenda, including direct management of a core set of issue areas, responsibility for key membership relationships, and supporting the organization’s strategic advocacy campaigns. The Federal Policy Manager will report to TechNet’s Vice President of Federal Policy and Government Relations and will work cross-functionally with the Senior Vice President, Director of Communications, Federal Policy team, and executive leadership team.
Your primary duties will include but are not limited to:
- Manage TechNet advocacy on a core set of issues affecting the technology sector, which includes tracking legislative and regulatory developments and engaging in direct advocacy and lobbying (lobbying registration expected)
- Develop and disseminate collateral to support advocacy efforts, such as background and briefing materials, commentary on legislation, regulatory comments, letters, and communications materials in coordination with TechNet’s director of communications
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with policymakers, including administration officials, Members of Congress, and external stakeholders
- Represent TechNet at meetings and events, including those on education, advocacy, issue campaigns, and research projects
- Collaborate with TechNet’s federal team to plan and execute successful events with policymakers
- Perform other tasks, including administrative support, as required or assigned
Preferred experience and qualities:
- Minimum of four years of experience on Capitol Hill, in the Administration, or in a government relations role
- Knowledge of policy matters of importance to the technology industry at the federal level
- A desire to champion TechNet’s federal policy agenda on behalf of its members
- A demonstrated commitment to professional excellence and integrity
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and research skills
- Articulate and effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent writer with an editor’s eye
- Command of relevant technology for professional use (e.g., Google Workspace, Microsoft Suite, social media as appropriate)
- Relevant graduate degree preferred (e.g., MPA, MPP, J.D.)
Please email your resume, a statement of interest, and a writing sample to Emily Hickman (firstname.lastname@example.org)