Position Description – Federal Policy Manager
Location: Washington, DC
TechNet is the national, bipartisan network of technology CEOs and senior executives that promotes the growth of the innovation economy. TechNet’s diverse membership includes dynamic startups and the most iconic companies on the planet and represents over 4.7 million employees and countless customers in the fields of information technology, e-commerce, the sharing and gig economies, advanced energy, cybersecurity, venture capital, and finance. TechNet has offices in Washington, D.C., Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Sacramento, Chicago, Austin, Boston, Olympia, and Denver.
As a Federal Policy Manager, you will play a key role in driving TechNet’s federal policy program, including direct management of a core set of issue areas and working groups, responsibility for key membership relationships, and support for the Federal Program as needed.
Your primary duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage TechNet advocacy on a core set of issues affecting the technology sector
- Engage in direct advocacy and lobbying (lobbying registration expected) on assigned issue areas
- Track priority federal legislation on assigned issues and keep the team and TechNet members apprised of key developments
- Draft and distribute policy letters, statements for the record, official comment submissions, and other written materials on TechNet’s federal policy priorities for TechNet members, federal policymakers, and industry stakeholders
- Manage TechNet’s yearly review of Federal Public Policy Principles for assigned issue areas, including successfully navigating membership input and engagement process
- Maintain an up-to-date database on endorsed legislation, including TechNet’s specific engagement
- Contribute to the regular updating of the statistics repository
- Coordinate logistics around federal policy and political events
- Draft the federal policy weekly report to members of TechNet
- Manage PPC speakers and TECHtalk programs and tasks associated with securing and briefing those speakers
- Develop briefing memos for meetings with policymakers and TechNet Executive Council (EC) members
- Minimum of 5 years of experience on Capitol Hill, in the Administration, or in a Government Relations role
- Proven experience working on technology policy issues at the federal level
- Excellent writer and communicator with an editor’s eye
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office and Gmail products
- Articulate oral and written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Masters degree or J.D. preferred
Please email your resume and 2-3 writing samples to Silvia Ochoa at email@example.com.